Sunday, May 10, 2009

Valley Plentiful Community Garden blog

It's been a long winter, but at last the sun is shining again, the birds are singing, and lots of green things are starting to poke up out of the dirt, grow on trees, in cracks in the sidewalks, and pretty much everywhere else as well. Everywhere you look, things are growing and there is new life.

During the past few weekends, as I've been digging wood chips, soil, and compost; I've had some time to think about what a fantastic summer it's going to be. It has been one of the most serene and relaxing experiences possible to spend some additional time outside working with the ground and planting our little garden. Each time I head out there to the garden, I can feel the stress start to melt away...

I got to thinking how I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. With just one summer in the books, and the garden growing like crazy, there are surely going to be countless stories springing up about the garden and its ability to affect and enrich our lives.

Obviously we can all share these stories any time of the day or night, but I thought that I would put together a method where everyone can join in and share their stories with the rest of the garden. Here is a great place to share your pictures, stories, tips, and tell us about how your plot is doing. You can send all those things, along with feedback, to:

pickeringgarden@live.com

Enjoy your summer and all of those serene times.

No comments: